9 Things to do with a Family of 4 at North American Snow Festival for under $200
By Joy VanDrie
- All of the NASF (North American Snow Festival) activities require a Festival Button (unless you are 3 years and under) = $20 entry Thursday – Saturday, additional fees may apply for certain events.Get your commemorative NASF festival buttons – $5 each
- Arrive early at the Cadillac Commons Thursday evening for dinner at the WTCM Chili Cookoff (6-7pm), and stay for the Miss NASF Pageant and a ride on the Ferris Wheel! All you need is your NASF button.The Miss NASF Pageant is a highlight to kick off the weekend
- On Friday morning you can register for the Winter Warriors Snowmobile Fun Run (8am – 2pm), no snowmobile required! Complete as many stops (this will take you around the greater Cadillac area) on the list as you can to collect playing cards, check in at The Commons by 6pm to claim your prize(s)! ($5 per person) =$20
- While on the West side of Cadillac, head to Boon, to check out the Snowmobile Drag Races (spectators just need a NASF button (#1), additional $20 per Snowmobile to race all day – 10am to 5pm – warm-up on Friday, Races on Saturday) = $0Snowmobile Drag races are a highlight of the weekend
- Register for the NASF Ice Fishing Tournament at Pilgrim Village on Saturday morning starting at 8am and try your luck on Lakes Cadillac or Mitchell mid-morning (only $5 to enter, and everyone is eligible for a prize!) awards at 3pm = $20 (pre-register at Pilgrim or day-of)Ice Fishing Tournament on Lakes Cadillac and Mitchell
- 10:30am-12noon send the kids to see Elsa the Snow Queen & our new 2017 Miss NASF Queen for story time at the Kiddie Tipi tent at Cadillac Commons while mom and dad check out the Antique Snowmobile Show (10-12noon) on Lake Street, or the Fat Bike Demo rides in the City Park. Follow up story time with a FREE Gopherwood Little’s Concert (12noon-1:30pm) at the First Congregational Church – includes a pizza lunch! = $0
- Walk over to the Clam River, starting at 2pm, watch dozens of snow lover’s plunge into Lake Cadillac for a good cause at the Oasis Polar Dip. Take in the shoreline swings, check out the Snow Sculpture competition and possibly catch some AMA Demo Motorcycle Ice Races along the lakeshore while you’re out there! = $0The Polar Dip is a fan favorite as people dress in all sorts of fun costumes to say “they did it”
These awesome snow sculptures dot the landscape and are on display throughout the weekend
- Head back to the Cadillac Commons/ City Park for more fun, from 4:30-6:30pm send the kids up in the RE/MAX tethered hot air balloon for a ride overlooking Downtown Cadillac ($10 donation from each rider to Children’s Miracle Network required) = $20
- Hang out at the Commons at the Kids Game & Tipi Tent for late afternoon fun, and grab some food from the Festival Food vendors, or a downtown restaurant. = $20+
So… for $200 bucks you can…
enjoy 3 days of winter fun at the North American Snow Festival, February 2-4, 2017 in Downtown Cadillac, Michigan. Check out all the times, events, and such on www.nasfcadillac.com or visit us on www.facebook.com/nasfcadillac
*FREE NASF Events Include (Only the $5 festival button is required):
Thursday, February 2nd at Cadillac Commons – Ferris Wheel, Kids game zone Silent Disco Preview, Music from Squad Car Jazz Town & Pair O’ Jacks, The Great American Chili Cookoff, & The Miss NASF Pageant. Snow sculpture displays along Lake Cadillac.
Friday, February 3rd at Cadillac Commons – Ferris Wheel, Kids Game Zone, 4 DJ Silent Disco (LED/Wireless Headsets) Rocking Dance Party, Karaoke, Snow sculpture displays along Lake Cadillac.
Saturday, February 4th at Various Locations – Village Motorsports all-brand snowmobile demo rides (in Boon, MI at Snowmobile Drag Races), Snowman Building Contest & Kids crafts at Carl T. Johnson Center; Downtown – Antique Snowmobile Show, Ferris Wheel, Princess story time with NASF court and character actors in the Kids Tipi Tent at Cadillac Commons, NASF Cadillac Sky Art Project 2017 (near the Rotary Pavilion), Fat Bike Demos with McLain’s Cycle and Friends of the Cadillac Pathway, Gopherwood Littles Concert at The First Congressional Church of Cadillac with FREE pizza! Kids Game Zone, 4 DJ Silent Disco (LED/Wireless Headsets) Rocking Dance Party & Karaoke.
Be a spectator at many more events that require participants to register with additional fees including: Snowmobile Drag Racing in Boon, Youth snowmobile races at Evergreen Resort, Yeti Redi 5k Run, Antique Snowmobile Show, Dog sled rides at CHS baseball field, Cadillac Arm Wrestling Championships, Polar Dip, and Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides in the RE/MAX Balloon!