By Joy Vandrie
The Canadian Winter Break covers two awesome spring skiing weekends in Northern Michigan, March 10-20, 2017. During these two weekends, Caberfae Peaks Ski Resort, in northwest Michigan offers the following top 10 reasons Canadians love to hang out and ski during their winter break at the Fae…
1. 34 downhill ski runs – varying from easiest to black diamond
2. 485’ of vertical drop, long runs made available by nature
3. New Vista 1561’ Triple Chair Lift – offering additional access to the North Peak trail system
4. Spring Carnival (March 18, 2017) – outdoor snow bar & grill, rail jam, costume parade and big air contest with music at the base of the slopes. Noted as the best day of the season!
5. Try any of the weekend end of the year downhill races, you don’t need to be a professional, but you can sure feel like one!
6. Pure Michigan Magazine recognized Caberfae as one of two ski resorts in Michigan offering Back Country Skiing
7. Caberfae Peaks has been recognized as one of the Beginner Friendly, Most Challenging, Family Friendly, Best Snow Quality and Best Value ski areas in the Midwest, winning a 2016-17 Best in Snow Award, Powered by Liftopia
8. Easy to get to. Travel to the northwest corner of lower Michigan (ring finger knuckle) in less than 4 hours from Detroit, and 3 hours from Sault Ste Marie
9. Canadian ONLY Lodging Specials at select hotels, save up to 30% off room rates – Contact the Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau for details
10. Canadian ONLY Spring Break Specials and coupons for area restaurants at check-in, hundreds of dollars in savings for a family of 4 for 3+ days – Contact the Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau for details
Learn more about the region and things to do on the official tourism website of the Greater Cadillac area at: CadillacMichigan.com