By Erica Benham
Here’s the scoop…there are several ice cream shop options out there in the Greater Cadillac area to cool down on these hot summer days. Take a tour and check them all out!
- Cadillac Ice Cream Co. – Cadillac westside: [M-55/M-115, Cadillac, MI 49601 231-775-7151] At the corner of M-115 and M-55, indulge in over 32 hand dipped Michigan flavors and homemade waffle cones and generous portion sizes.
- Tasty Treat #thepeoplesplace – Lake City: [120 Main St. Lake City, 49651 231-839-7330] Known for having the largest cones in the North, Tasty Treat serves all Michigan made ice creams-Hudsonville, House of Flavors and Ashby’s.
- Thirsty’s Elmrest Party Store – Cadillac westside: [1507 S Lake Mitchell Dr. Cadillac, MI 4906 231-775-3039] The only place in town that has homemade, hand-dipped ice cream. Thirsty’s has everything you could need on your trip to Cadillac.
- The Sweet Shop – Cadillac downtown: [111 S Mitchell St. Cadillac, MI 49601 231-775-2201] Serving the community with delectable treats for over 50 years, The Sweet Shop just welcomed 12 flavors of Moomers Ice Cream to their menu.
- Simply Delightful – Cadillac downtown: [112 N Mitchell St. Cadillac, MI 49601 231-775-1660] Stop in for Michigan’s House of Flavors & Moomers Ice Cream but don’t forget to try some hand made chocolates and fudge.
- Rosa Blanca Bodega & Eatery – Cadillac west side: [2420 Sunnyside Dr. Cadillac, MI 49601 231-779-1570] Enjoy a full course meal but stay for the Michigan made ice cream and one-of-a-kind ice cream sundaes.
- Dairy Land Ice Cream Shop – Buckley: [385 W Wexford Ave. Buckley, MI 49620 231-269-3912] Cool down with a sweet treat from Dairy Land where you can choose from tons of different and delicious flavors or grab a bite to eat with your dessert.
- Twisted Cow – McBain: [123 N Roland St. McBain, MI 49657 231-825-6000] A fun spin on ice cream humor, the Twisted Cow offers unique flavors and popular Super Sundaes as well as daily specials.
- Dairy Queen Ltd Brazier-Cadillac downtown: [901 S Mitchell St. Cadillac, MI 49601 231-775-4602] Ice cream “royalty” specializing in soft serve ice cream cones and famous Blizzards.
- Manton Dairy Bar-Manton: [603 N Michigan Ave. Manton, MI 49663 231-429-6741] A small but delicious family owned shop serving Michigan-made ice cream to the Manton area for 17 years. With over 25 specialty flavors and tons more classics, you’ll always find something to cool off with here.
If there are other Ice-cream parlors within the 20 miles of Cadillac, please let us know so we can update and keep everyone’s palates schmoozed with cool refreshing ice cream.
*All shops can be found online at their Facebook pages (Click their names above for more information)
Erica Benham is a senior at Central Michigan University studying Public Relations and Journalism. She’s enjoyed her summer in Cadillac as an intern at the Visitors Bureau and wishes the best to the Cadillac community.