MESICK / WEST FALL COLOR ROUTE – Visit page for .pdf download
YELLOW ROUTE (see map at bottom of page):
Starting downtown at the Cadillac City Park parking lot, head W toward Lake Cadillac on either Cass St or Harris Street (the parking lot is in between). Then take a L/S on Lake Street, to Granite Street. Turn R/W onto Granite and follow along the Lake Cadillac Shoreline to M-115. Turn R/N onto M-115, at traffic light turn L/W onto M-55. Follow M-55 approx. 6 miles to South 25 Road. Turn R/N onto S. 25 Road to 34 Mile Rd/Boon Road. Turn L/W onto 34 Mile Rd/Boon Road to 23 Mile Road into the Village of Boon. Turn R/N to Boon on 23 Mile Road Travel thru Boon, following 23 Mile Road, which turns into 30 ¼ Road after a long left curve. Follow 30 ¼ Road 4.5 miles to a ‘T’, continue North thru the Village of Harrietta then head L/W onton Gaston Ave/Slagle for another 3 miles to M-37. Turn R/N onto M-37 towards Mesick. Follow the Signs from there on, or refer to the map. This is a hilly and very scenic route with great attractions.
• Lake Mitchell Day Use off M-55 offers lake access and picnic tables.
• Rather than turning R onto 25 Road, turn L and check out the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Historical Marker
• In the Village of Boon get out an stretch your legs at the newly updated park by the Church
• Just past Harrietta, the MDNR Fish Hatchery offers fall mid-week tours and a visitors center.
• Just north on M-37 2 miles see West 26 Road to O’Rourke Rd, take a scenic drive to the Hodenpyle Dam and if sure footed, take a short hike on the Manistee River Trail to the scenic Pedestrian Bridge over the Manistee River. Pick up the trail north from the Seasonal Road (for handicap access see website for details).
• Just shy of Mesick look for the Scott Wheeler Roadside Park/ Hodenpyle Dam Scenic Turnout on the west side of the hwy.
• Famous Boon Cheese at the Boon Grocery with over 30 varieties, a must try!
• The BuckSnort Bar in Mesick is a stop for burgers and drinks along the way.
• Stop at the Meauwataka Store for Jerky and snacks.
• After the scenic drive relax in downtown at Clam Lake Brewery, with 40 brews on tap, specialty pizza and full menu to choose from